Today I was reading an article titled ‘The Saints Next Door’,
Excerpts from Pope Francis’
2018 Apostolic Exhortation
Gaudete et Exsultate
‘Rejoice & Be Glad’
I have attached a full copy of the article to this newsletter for those who may wish to read it in full. What struck my was the section – Signs of holiness: COMMUNITY. It what has been the first full term for our children and families, the section on Community really resonated with me. This terrific community has continued to ‘pay attention to the little details’ and supported one another through what has been interesting times. Teachers, parents and even students have been like the disciples!
Let us not forget that Jesus asked his disciples
to pay attention to details.
- The little detail that wine was running out at a party.
- The little detail that one sheep was missing.
- The little detail of noticing the widow who offered
her two small coins.
- The little detail of having spare oil for the lamps,
should the bridegroom delay.
- The little detail of asking the disciples how many
loaves of bread they had.
- The little detail of having a fire burning and a fish
cooking as he waited for the disciples at daybreak.
Pope Francis GE, 144
I hope that you all enjoy the next few weeks of down time with your children and thanks to all who have helped in noticing the little details with joy!
Click here to read the Saints Next Door